Scaligent Designer Referral Program
Are you well-connected to design geniuses? Do you want to earn some serious cash? Scaligent, a newly founded start-up in Silicon Valley is looking to hire a Visual Design Guru. We want your help because we want the best. See the job description below for requirements. We want the best from the industry and we’re prepared to pay to get one.
We’re offering a bounty of $20,000, yes you heard right, twenty thousand dollars for a Visual Designer who we hire.
How to submit your referral
- Email Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email subject, please write, "Designer referral - designer’s name - your name"
- Include your own contact information (first/last name, email, phone, mailing address) in the body of the email along with any relevant notes
Visual Design Guru
Can you be the Jony Ive of Data Visualization? Can you design data-driven applications that are easy on the brain and pleasing to the eye at the same time? Can you build an interface that can make millions of business users across the globe go “Wow!”?
We hope you get the drift. We are looking for someone who doesn’t sleep well at night if a single pixel appears to be “off”; a visual design guru who can create gorgeous and original designs for an interactive, multi-platform (web/tablet/phone) user interface.
We’re building a new product and company from the ground up. Our product is a rare blend of serious back-end technology and highly-visual user interfaces. We value technology. But we value well-designed products even more. Talk to us if you think you are that special designer that can design a product to disrupt a $10B industry.
Scaligent is a stealth-mode startup based in Silicon Valley, looking to bring disruption to the $10B business analytics market. We are building an innovative data visualization and analytics product for enterprises and cloud service providers. Our founding team is a unique mix of strong business and technical expertise. On the business side, we have experience in building rapidly-growing businesses like Nutanix from scratch and we have helped companies like Aster Data grow into a disruptive innovator (Aster was acquired by Teradata for $300M). On the technical side, our team has deep experience in distributed systems, machine learning and analytics at companies such as Google, Oracle, Microsoft, Amazon and Yahoo. We are backed by top-tier VC firms and well-known angel investors.
We are in the formative stages of the company and seek like-minded individuals who are driven by a strong sense of creation and passion for excellence. For early team members, we provide a unique opportunity to shape the product as well as the company itself. If you want to be a part of a strong team that has the potential to redefine the large and rapidly growing data analysis market, check us out.
Referral Program Rules & Guidelines
- Referral Program will begin on October 1, 2012 and can be terminated at Scaligent’s sole discretion. Referrals received during this period will be eligible for the referral bonus program if they meet all other rules of the program.
- Referred candidate must be hired and start their first day of employment as a full-time Scaligent employee no later than six months from the date of referral.
- Anyone may qualify to submit a referral (individuals and agencies) while the position is open during the referral program period. This award only applies to the 1st candidate hired for the Visual Design Guru position by Scaligent, and not to any subsequent candidates hired for this position. Further, the award does not apply if candidates are hired by Scaligent at any time for any other position.
- A designer who himself/herself applies for the Visual Design Guru position through the referrals program will be eligible for the $20K award in the form of a $20K signing bonus after 90 days of continued employment (subject to all other rules of the program). Should the designer voluntarily terminate his/her employment within a year of their employment start date, he/she agrees to reimburse Scaligent the full amount of the bonus.
- There is no limit to the number of people you can refer. Each referral must be submitted in separate emails
- Resumes must include referral’s full contact information (first and last name, phone, email, street address)
- All referrals must be interested in the position
- All referrals must meet the requirements for the job as determined by Scaligent in its discretion.
- Scaligent will attempt to contact all referrals within 5 business days after submission.
- Referred candidates already present in the Scaligent candidate database are not eligible for registration as a Referral. You will be notified within a reasonable time after the time of submittal if this is the case
- Scaligent will retain the final right to determine in good faith whether to pay/ not pay any referral bonus. Moreover, where two or more Referees refer the same candidate for employment, the referral source eligible for award will be the one who submits the referral first through email@example.com
- All submissions will be tracked by Scaligent, Inc.
- All referrals must have a legal right to work in the U.S.
- VISA sponsorship is available for those currently on an H1-B VISA
- Relocation assistance may be provided
- Referrals for other positions will not qualify for the referral Bonus. Any other unsolicited Referrals will be considered voluntary and do not qualify for a referral bonus
- All submitted Resumes become the property of Scaligent, Inc.
- If your referral is hired for the Visual Design Guru position, you’ll be notified within a few days after the referral accepts our offer of employment.
- Payment will be made after the new hire has been with the Company in good standing as an employee for 90 days as determined by Scaligent.
- Referral awards and the criteria for awarding them may be modified at the discretion of the Company at any time prior to the hiring of this position.
- Awards will be paid in the local currency, subject to the deduction of the applicable local taxes
Scaligent is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Submitting a referral does not automatically constitute eligibility for a referral award; eligibility to receive a referral award will be determined i) if the referred candidate is hired and ii) after the successful completion of the 90 day required employment period. Scaligent has discretion to terminate or change the rules of this offer at any time prior to the hiring of this position. As a condition to this award program, you agree that Scaligent has full discretion at any time to change the rules of this award, change the requirements for this position, accept or reject any candidate for any reason, and terminate the hire in this position at any time and for any reason. Any disputes under this award program will be governed by binding arbitration conducted in San Francisco by a single arbitrator under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Each party will pay its own legal fees and expenses regardless of the outcome.
Feel free to direct any follow up questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org